Work experience for 2 weeks in 1992 and again in 1994. As well as learning to scale up pictures and use emulsion paint on canvas, I was trusted enough to be allowed to assist the incredibly skilled team create backdrops for the three different stages at the NT and even work on touching-up live production sets.
1. Copying / scaling up exercise: Mad magazine issue 1 front cover (about 2m x 1m), emulsion on canvas
2. Copying / scaling up exercise: self-portrait by JBS Chardin (about 2m x 1m), emulsion on canvas
3. Banner for the National Theatre's medical unit
4. Set painting: pink staircase for Absolute Hell by Rodney Ackland
5. Set re-touching: Merry Wives of Windsor by William Shakespeare
6. Gold leaf paint test
7. Providing assistance painting a velvet 'safety' curtain